Friday, July 9, 2010

Stretching My Heart Feels Sooooo Good

What a day to write my first post.....welcome to my blogspot by the way..! I'm not sure why I waited til now to start blogging.  By "now" I mean summertime...when the hours are my own, sort of.  Two of the three boys are out of town which just means I have something different to ponder on on a Friday afternoon other than the usual, who's at my house and how much of a mess is it???

When children are away from us we flex a little, we pull and push our emotions, we have to.  We stretch our hearts.  And you know what? it feels good.  Not only the great distance physically that they are away from us but the sharing of their beautiful little selves causes a stretch, doesn't it? We savor and marvel and admire the little people in our homes...did they really come from me? did I have a thing to do with how wonderful they are? My gosh, look at them...look at him being so sweet to his friend or gosh look at him being not so sweet to his friend....hmmmm give him a minute, he'll come back. Oh good, there he is.  :)

It feels good to share our children with friends and the families we love so much...to show them how full their hearts are and how willing they are to share the overflow.  They show their funny little personalities and showcase their cooking talents and remind an aunt and uncle just how great their hugs feel. So I'm stretching for another week or so and in the little one's case, another 3 weeks...ouch! But the more I stretch, the more flexible I become to their going and doing and seeing and learning and building and discovering.  It's part of the give and take of being this mom to these boys...OneLove.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to you Pats! Great launch - you've so much to give. congrats on the long overdue blog. Always love love love.
    Gypsy Girl

    ReplyDelete